RECIPE : Chorizo and Vegetable Tortilla
I experimented with this one for an entry to a competition to win a break in Barcelona. You have to make up a Tapas dish and thought this may have been suitable but I wasn’t happy with the look of the finished dish.
It was pretty tasty so I’m sharing the recipe with you – It’s an orginal recipe from my head!
- 5 medium or large eggs
- chorizo – take off the outer casing and slice or chop (for amount see picture)
- half green pepper sliced (any colour you like or have!)
- half a medium onion sliced
- 3 or 4 mushrooms (i used chestnut but white button are fine)
- handful of green beans cut in half and cooked until just tender
- oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little oil in a small frying pan – don’t use a large one as the end result be too thin.
- Fry the onion until transparent
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and chorizo and fry for another 3/4 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and stir to combine.
- Break eggs into a bowl and beat lightly to break the yolks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chorizo and vegetable mixture and stir gently until just setting. You don’t want it to scramble – just move it about to form an omelette.
- Leave it to cook for 2/3 mins over a low heat. You should be able to see a light brown crust underneath if you lift it with a spatula. The top should be moist but not runny.
- Gently fold in half and turn out onto a plate.
- Cut in half or quarters and serve with salad and crusty bread.