Week 1 – 2017
Another year has started, so what’s gone on in week 1.. The restarting of A Year with My Camera, #365 and debating the whole blogging thing.
As you may have read last week, I’ve had gastroenteritis since last Thursday and with nothing staying in my body I decided to go to the doctor on Tuesday. Thankfully the medication he gave me worked quickly and I felt more like myself by Thursday.
Not being able to go out meant I had plenty of time to consider whether to carry on with this blogging lark. It’s become rather tiresome and I’ve not been interested in blogging for several months. I hate all the promoting posts, joining in with comment threads just to get a few people who aren’t really interested to leave comments and give you a bit of traffic.
With that I’ve decided that I’m only going to blog about #365 and #AYearwithMyCamera. I can cope with that and know that when I join up with the linky I’m going to read about others photography interests and besides I’ll miss so many of you. 🙂
I going to carry on with A Year with My Camera. I learnt so much last year and want to carry on improving this year.
1. Write some ideas down
- Keep up with #365 even if it’s not everyday.
- Complete the tasks in the email and the book.
- My theme idea for the year is ‘colourful’. 2. Do #1day12pics
- I tried… but failed. I may have to pick a day when I’m not committed to visiting or work. 3. Pick a quote and share it (I’ve already pledged to – The only photographer I will compare myself to is the one I used to be.)
- I will strive for progress, not perfection
I didn’t take any photos until the weekend. I wanted to attempt #1day12pics but failed miserably. I forgot whilst at the MILs and fell asleep mid afternoon!
- The row of trees in the local churchyard
- Do I want to go around the bend?
- Moss on the front wall.
- Foggy railway lines.
- Lens practice – left at 55mm and right at 210mm – close up of the far end of the reen.
That’s it for this week..