Monday Musings Day 2 BEDM
Day 2 prompt for Blog Everyday in May #BEDM is Monday Musings – Share a thoughtful opinion-based post.
Well actually I’ve been contemplating such a post for a while now. It’s about my thoughts on this blogging lark.
- Anyone can do it.
- It’s quite easy.
- You can blog about anything. You don’t need to fit into a niche!
- It gives you a nice warm feeling when someone takes the time to read and comment on your posts.
- If you are prepared to put some effort in you can earn money.
- Sometimes you can be giventhe opportunity to review items / products.
- You occasionally get the chance to meet other bloggers you chat to at an event.
- There’s a lot of competition in the blogging world. It can feel like you’re a little fish in a very big ocean.
- You have to work at it. Posting regularly, promoting via Social Media, joining in with Facebook groups etc. Not good if you’re basically a lazy blogger.
- Coming up with ideas for regular posts is hard.
- You find yourself becoming jealous of the more successful bloggers. Wondering how they get popular when you feel like ‘Billy no mates’.
- Discovering you won’t have a DA score to give to PRs’ because you have a wordpress.com blog. So you decide to go ‘self hosted’ and get your own domain. You think you’re clever when you choose a domain that matches your blog and go for .wales.
Then you discover that MOZ doesn’t trawl .wales so you’re buggered.. Still no DA unless you want to change the domain again!!
- There can be clashes in the blogging world. Some ‘discussions’ within one Facebook group can be taken away and discussed in another group, which causes a bit of upset.
- There are too many cliques. You get the feeling you’re intruding when you join in with an open conversation on Facebook or Twitter.
- The constant struggle every month when Moz updates with bloggers either being happy that their score has gone up and the outrage when it goes down.
- Seeing a ‘blogging opportunity’ and clicking on a link to fill in your details only to find out that they need a DA score, shit loads of social media followers and shed loads of blog views. (all mine are shit!!)
- Realising that you really don’t do enough to get your blog noticed.
- Adding your post to a Facebook thread and discovering the ones you’ve committed to comment on don’t interest you and you agonise over how to word your comment.
Are you taking part in #BEDM? What’s your Monday Musings?
What are your views / opinions on the subject for today? I’d love to hear from you, pop a comment below.