Food Glorious Food
Day 10 prompt for Blog Everyday in May #BEDM is Food Glorious Food.
So what to cover for today? Favourite food, recipes…well as I’m on holiday later this week I’ll tell you about some of the places to eat in Zakynthos.
Holiday Food Glorious Food
- Drunken Corner – It’s one of the best bars. Always busy in the evening for drinks but they do meals too. Great for breakfast.
- Escape – One of the best and the Beef Stifado is some of the best you’ll ever have.
- Olive Tree – Great service, great food and all reasonable. Try the Olive Tree lamb, a huge shank done slow served with veg and potatoes. Usually have an offer of free starter if you go early evening.
- Cronulla Hotel – We had breakfast and lunch here. Breakfast was good and the Pork Souvlaki at lunchtime is enough for two. Free use of the pool area as long as you buy drinks.
- Heavens Kitchen – Good food but the waiters are a bit over the top checking if everything is ok every few minutes and the chap that tries to get people in is a bit sleazy. I hope he’s not there this year!
- Milos – Doesn’t look much from outside but they looked after us well while there was a thunderstorm going on! Food was ok – nothing to write home about!
The most unusual place we went to last year was at a cafe called Ouzeri near the entrance to the ferry port in Zante Town. We ordered Ouzo mezedes. A Greek mixed plate of octopus, whitebait, olives, sliced meats, feta, Tsatsiki, tomato, sausage, pickled chilli and garlic bread. Very tasty but I don’t think I’d be brave enough to order it again! It was definitely an experience!
Are you taking part in #BEDM?
What are your views / opinions on the subject for today? I’d love to hear from you, pop a comment below.